Here is a super-sized episode of My Biz Bestie for you today! You might have guessed by now that we are huge proponents of having a Business Support System. We are so passionate about it, we gave a talk at the ADHD conference in Atlanta about the topic. Today, we have adapted and expanded that talk for you explaining just why we love all the benefits of a Business Support System, as well as a few of the potential drawbacks.
The bottom line is this: there is so much value in having like-minded people to support you in your entrepreneurial endeavors. Running your own business can be lonely, and often we begin to doubt our gifts and abilities. This is where your Tribe or your Biz Bestie comes in! You will feel supported in your struggles, heard in your frustration, and bolstered in your abilities once you find the right support network.
That being said, it’s not always magic and rainbows. Occasionally, you will have to work through difficult spots or personal differences. We know it is worth having difficult conversations because it makes your Support System stronger in the end! There is always value in working out your issues with someone who cares about you. Whether you are just now starting this journey or have been walking through your business alone for years, we think the value of a Business Support System far outweighs any difficulty.
More from this episode about why a business tribe is awesome:
- You don’t feel judged for your struggles.
- Sharing your burdens can help you feel validated.
- Brainstorm with people who know your business and speak your language.
- Feedback, positive and negative, is an invaluable tool.
- There are other people who can see and appreciate your gifts.
- The magic happens when you are open to feedback.
- Learn from our most positive experiences with constructive feedback.
- Have a business coach, but one that is based on trust and respect.
- Gain perspective on your problems.
- Your support system is a lot of fun!
- The culture of the group really matters.
- Know when you need to leave the group.
- Support systems can be time-consuming.
- Make sure you make time for yourself.
- What to do when you realize a group might not be the best fit.
- Our next action for you to take.